Friday, May 24, 2013

Singapore Report #1

I'm back to Sydney ~ ヾ(o´∀`o)ノ 
Oh man, it was super busy trip.... 
I wish I did have more time to spend there but I shouldn't complain hey. 

The reason I went to Singapore was organising one of our shows in Marina Bay Sands Convention and Exhibition Center. So I only had a day off in total out of 5 days 艸’Д`◆
I think I could manage to see something different though! 

We left our office on Friday afternoon, checked-in and straight to the lounge (yes, thanks to my boss again). To be honest.... Vergin Australia lounge is better than Singapore Airline's. 
Food choices are good but it's smaller and very basic. A bit disappointed. 

@Singapore Airline Lounge

The flight to Singapore was 8hr20min. Our flight was delayed so when we got there it was already 1am on Saturday. Straight to the hotel - Carlton Singapore Hotel. 
It's not the best hotel, but again... no complains. It's work. 
 I won't recommend to you this hotel though. Breakfast is ok, pool & gym are also ok (well, I mean "just" ok) but services, cleanings and rooms are far away from perfect. I even had to change my room during my stay due to poor cleaning and really bad smell on my floor. 

Carlton Singapore Hotel

First day, I had a half day off +.(*’v`*)+ So caught up with my dear friends, Cheyanne and Ayumi who live in Singapore. 
They took me to a local restaurant for traditional Singapore Laksa & Chicken Curry. 
They were so nice!!!!!! I have had Laksa so many times in Sydney but I have to say.... they are different! 

252 North Bridge Road, #B1-44A
Raffles City

Laksa with Mee Tai Bak (a type of noodle - which I've never tasted or seen) with tofu puffs, fish cakes and shrimps in flavourful coconut-based curry thick soup! Mee Tai Bak, I love them! So easy to eat with soup. 
This place is famous for toast/sandwiches (?) but try these Asian meals. 
(I know it's very funny conventions, right? We even ate sweet sandwiches for dessert) 

YUM Laksa

After we finished our lunch, we moved to Orchard. ( I guess this is the Singapore CBD) 
Last time when I was in Singapore, I only used taxi and didn't get a chance to take trains.  
 But this time, I did d(・∀・*) and I am so proud! LOL
So easy and very clean - Taxi isn't expensive in Singapore but trains are RELLY cheap! 
It costs me only S$1.2 (like $1 in aus$) to get Orchard from City Hall (3 stations)  
Orchard is the best place to shop in Singapore. So many department stores and shops and shops and shops!!!!

YUM Chicken Curry

Before shopping, we have some businesses to do... to catch sessions:-) 
So we decided to go for a coffee. 

2 Orchard Turn, ION Orchard
#55-01 & #56-01 Singapore 238801

Salt grill & Sky Bar in Ion Orchard

Super nice place - great view!!!! I'd love to come back at night time. 
The chef Luke Mangan is from Australia and you can enjoy contemporary Australian cuisine for lunch and dinner. 
But we came here for a coffee, so we only looked at dessert menu and funny enough we all decided to have Chef’s choice of soufflé  (S$22) and a pot of tea.

Soufflé with vanilla ice cream 

They of course make your soufflé when you ordered - hot soufflé with gorgeous melt vanilla ice cream... plus beautiful view behind your table. What else do you need? 
I really really really enjoy the view and really soft & tastefully sweet soufflé (and of course girl talks too:p) 
You can walk around the bar and enjoy the view. 
Oh, one think you don't want to forget.... to go to the bathroom! 
View from the bathroom is gorgeous and also deco is really nice, clean, gorgeous and very modern! haha

TBC.... part 2.

Cheyanne, Me and Ayumi

ただいまです☆シドニーに戻ってきました!
今回のシンガポール出張は今までにないハードスケジュール。。。5日間の間たったのトータルでたったの1日しか自由時間がなかったって言う。。(でも、文句は控えめに)
今回で2回目のシンガーポール。やっぱりこの国も大好き♡このムシムシした暑さがたまらない!
金曜日の午後、会社から空港に向かいました。今回も、ボスに感謝☆シンガポールエアラインのラウンジで出発までゆっくりくつろぎます。が、はっきり言って、ヴァージンのラウンジのが好きかも。
食べ物の種類はあるけど、ワインのチョイスがいまいちだし、そんなに広くもないし、なんか全てが普通でしたщ(゚Д゚щ) 残念。

Cute Toilet Sign

飛行機がちょっと遅れたので、シンガポール到着したのは午前1時過ぎ。ホテルに直行です。
今回の宿泊先はカルトン シンガポール ホテル。これまた、文句は言いたくありませんが、残念なホテルでした。。。仕事だから、しょうがないけど、お勧めはしません。
実際、あまりにも部屋の掃除の仕方の悪さと悪臭に部屋を換えたくらい。(部屋をかえたところで、何も良くはならなかったけど。)朝食とプール&ジムは普通。。。立地はよかったょ。
さ、気を取り直して、土曜日の昼からがお休みがもらえたので、シンガポールに住むお友達と合流しましたヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)アヒャ

Gorgeous Bathroom

お昼ご飯に連れて行ってもらったのは、ラッフルシティにあるToastbox。フードコートの中にあって、シンガポール料理にパンっていう、ちょっと変わったコンセプトのお店。シンガポールに来たからにはやっぱりその地域のお料理を。。と、言うことで、ラクサとチキンカレーを頼みました☆
ラクサはシドニーで何回も食べてるし、大好き(タイ料理だと思ってたけど。。)が、ここのラクサまったく味も麵も違う!!!シドニーのラクサよりももっとエビとか魚介類の味が濃いココナッツスープにミータイバって言うライスヌードル(めっちゃ短い)がよく絡まってめちゃくちゃ美味しい!!!
チキンカレーもココナッツが効いてて、チキンが柔らかくって美味しかったょ☆
ここはたぶんトーストでも有名なショップで、なぜかこのアジアンフードの後に、甘いトーストと紅茶を頂きました(笑)



前回まったく使わなかった電車に今回は初挑戦☆
綺麗だし、乗りやすいし、めちゃくちゃ安いし、シンガポール回るにはめちゃくちゃ便利!(タクシーも安いから駅がわからない時はタクシーのがいいかも☆外は暑いから、歩き回れない。。。)まだまだ話足りないので、シティホールからオーチャードまで移動。オーチャードはデパート、地下街、路面店が充実してて、お買い物天国(人´∀`).☆.。.:*・゚
ですが、お買い物前に、いろいろと語る事があるので。。。シンガポールが一望できるソルトグリル&スカイバーに連れて行ってもらいました!
この景色は絶景!夜景を見にまた戻ってきたいよぅ〜!!!

Me and Cheyanne

オーストラリア人のルークマンガン シェフで有名なレストランで、ランチ/ディナーともモダンオーストラリア料理が楽しめます。
が、お茶をしに来たので、、デザートメニューしかチェックしてない(汗)3人とも、スフレ(S$22)と紅茶にしました(笑)やっぱ作りたてのスフレはみんなの好物ですよね〜♡
あっつあつ、ふわふわ、いい感じに甘いスフレ。バニラアイスクームが溶けて更に美味しい!!!
この絶景にこのデザートそしてガールズトーク。もう、何もいりません(´∀`σ)σ
あ、ここに来たら、忘れちゃいけないのが、トイレ(笑)
絶景!そんでもって、日本の会社のトイレでおしゃれ☆行ってみてね〜!

って、ことで。。。。パート2に続きます♡

↓ランキング参加してます☆
いつもありがとうございます+゚。*(*´∀`*)*。゚+ 今日もポチッお願いします! 
Click and support my blog xx


にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ シドニー情報へ

2 comments:

  1. 初めまして^^いつもブログを読ませていただいてます!まどかさんのブログは英語と日本語で書かれているので英語の勉強にもなって、内容もすごくたのしいです!
    質問なんですけど、私も来年ぐらいからワーホリでオーストラリアに行こうと思っているんですけど、やっぱりワーホリだとファッション関係の仕事に就くのは難しいですか?私もまどかさんみたいなお仕事を海外でしたいなぁとおもっています!やっぱり英語力はネイティブスピーカーレベルが必要ですよね??
    急にこんな質問をして、すみません><
    ブログの更新楽しみにしてます^^
    お仕事頑張ってください♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. まさよさん、いつも読んでくれててありがとございます!めちゃくちゃうれしいですぅぅo(TωT)o

    ファッション関係って幅広いのでワーホリでも小さなお店の店員さんとかだったら働けますょ!さすがに、来てそっこーにファッション雑誌の出版社、ブランド品の店員、モデルのスタイリングなんてのは無理ですけど。。

    案外お勧めなのは、日本に居る間にインターンシップ探してみる☆(あたしの友達はスタイリングのインターンシップしてるょヾ(o´∀`o)ノ お金は貰えないけど、楽しそう♪)あたしの今の仕事も実はインターンシップが始まりなんです。うまくいけば、そのまま雇ってもらえるし!

    英語力はこっちに来ちゃえば、グングン伸びるから大丈夫☆ 
    オーストラリアすごくいい所なので、是非来てほしいなぁ〜♡
    また何でも質問あったら聞いてください!xx

    ReplyDelete